Activities & Events
The Holiday Port Festival is a free, family-friendly event held the weekend of December 5, 6, and 7, 2014 at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal
. The festival is open to the public Friday from noon-8pm, Saturday from 11am-5:30pm and Sunday from 11am-5:30pm. This is the Port’s signature event for the community and includes:
- Performances by local choirs, bands, and dancers Friday through Sunday, see event hours above for times.
- Gingerbread house display, Friday through Sunday, see event hours above for times.
- Free cookies and hot apple cider Friday through Sunday, see event hours above for times.
- Visit with Santa and Mrs Claus, with the option to purchase photos from Turner Photographics,
Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 1-5pm, Sunday 1-5pm.
- Fire truck rides - Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm.
- Art activities with Allied Arts teaching artists - Saturday and Sunday from 1-5pm.
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides - Saturday 11am-2pm, and Sunday 1pm-4pm.
There will also be a food drive to benefit the Bellingham Food Bank, so bring non-perishable food items to help fight hunger.
Gingerbread House Contest
The gingerbread house contest is free and open to bakers of all abilities and ages. Our optional themed category is "Landmarks" and anyone, of any age, and any group size, may choose to enter the theme category instead of one of the other categories. Don't want to follow the theme? You don't have to. Just pick from one of the other categories. Many adults and children make a tradition out of entering the contest, and prizes are awarded for first place in each of the contest categories.
- Business / nonprofit
- Individual adult
- Professional baker / caterer
- Senior citizen (65 years and older)
- Youth five years and under
- Youth grades K-3
- Youth grades 4-8
- Youth grades 9-12
- Theme "Landmarks"
Key gingerbread house contest dates:
- Entry Form Deadline: Monday, Dec. 1, 2014
- Edible Structure Delivery Date:
Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014
- Display Dates: Friday through Sunday Dec.5-7, 2014
Many of the gingerbread house contest entries are donated to a silent auction that runs throughout the three-day festival. Proceeds benefit our local Mount Baker Chapter of the American Red Cross
. The event also includes a food drive for the Bellingham Food Bank
Go to the Gingerbread Contest Page.
There will be performances by local bands, choral groups, and dance groups all weekend! A full list of activities for each day of the festival will be listed here in December.
Event sponsorship opportunities are available! Reach up to 5,500 people with a Holiday Port sponsorship, a great way to get in touch with local consumers and give your company valuable public exposure. We have multiple sponsorship levels and can work with your company to provide quality exposure to your company at a reasonable rate.