- Economic Development
Regional Economic Partnership
The goal of REP is to retain and attract livable wage jobs and to assist businesses, entrepreneurs, and local organizations to thrive. We aim to work with our partners to create a resilient community and economy for all. We have expertise in financing, planning, research, real estate, and technology to help businesses start, develop, and grow throughout Whatcom County, Washington.
Visit our CEDS page for more details on our mission, goals, strategies and action plan for economic development in Whatcom County.
If your business has been impacted by the November 2021 flooding in Whatcom County, please visit the following pages for resources and to report damages:
- WWU SBDC's flood resources for businesses
- Whatcom County's Flood Response Information (link to report damages)
- WSU Extension Flood Support for Agriculture
If you or your business would like to donate funds, in-kind gifts, or to volunteer time for flood recovery please visit:
The WA State Legislature has appropriated $70 million in additional funding for sectors and industries experiencing ongoing impacts from COVID-19. Working Washington Round 5 will be targeted to:
- 60% is identified for the arts, heritage, and science sectors, including those that operate live entertainment venues
- 40% is identified for most other sectors, including hospitality, fitness and personal services
General Timeline for WW5 grant administration and distribution:
- Grant portal opens on August 17, 2022
- DEADLINE EXTENDED to September 9, 2022 (open for 24 days)
- Mid-Late September: Review of applications
- Early October: Commerce will notify grantees and disburse funding
For more information on eligibility and application requirements, check out the FAQs.
Please go to our COVID-19 Economic Impact & Resources page for information and updates.
What We Do
- Promote Whatcom County as a great place to live, work and do business.
- Connect businesses with economic development services and skilled workforce resources.
- Assist businesses with the creation of Federal Trade Zones (FTZ), site identification and selection.
- Work with our partners in Canada to help enhance and grow cross border trade opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with our local and regional partners to create a vibrant community of higher education learning, prosperous agricultural lands, high tech businesses, marine manufacturing, and local food processing.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter here!
Check out our amazing community and browse the brochure below!