Port Planning Documents
Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor ImprovementsThe Port's Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvement Plan describes proposed improvements to Port facilities located in Blaine, Sumas, Bellingham International Airport, Squalicum Harbor, the Waterfront District and Fairhaven which are contemplated to be developed over time.
The Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvement Plan (CSHIP) is intended to be updated periodically. Site specific plans or master plans may be prepared for various sub-areas or regions of the Port district. Regional, sub area plans or existing master plans provide valuable history and may have more detailed information about Port properties and facilities then the Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements; and are retained as reference documents to the extent that they adopted by the Board of Commissioners. Previously adopted Master Plans include:
- 2019 Bellingham International Airport Master Plan - October 2019
- Blaine Wharf District Master Plan - January 2022
- Bellingham's Waterfront District Sub-Area Plan - December 2019
- Fairhaven Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements - November 2008
- Squalicum Harbor Land Use Plan (dredging & Inner harbor/ peninsula creation)-June 1983 as amended.
Sumas Cargo Terminal Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements - January 1986
Inquiries may be submitted to Greg McHenry, Senior Planning Analyst, P.O. Box 1677, Bellingham, WA 98227-1677 or by email to Gregm@portofbellingham.com.