COVID-19 Economic Impact & Resources
COVID-19 Guidance for Businesses
The governor’s Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery plan is a region-based plan. As of February 14, the Northern region, which includes Whatcom, Skagit Island, and San Juan Counties were moved into Phase 2 of the governor’s Healthy Washington Roadmap plan.
According to updates on March 11, 2021, the entire state will move into Phase 3 on March 22, 2021.
The WA State Risk Assessment Dashboard links to a report with each region’s current phase. Visit their What’s Open page to learn more about the activities allowed for each phase and business guidance for safe reopening.
Click here for the Roadmap to Recovery metrics dashboard.
Click here for WA state industry-specific re-opening guidance.
Click here for WA Department of Commerce emergency grants information.
Western Washington University Small Business Development Center
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC), led by CJ Seitz, will take the lead on technical assistance, including but not limited to: identifying financial tools, understanding new tools and resources made available by local, state, and federal authorities, and coordinating with local lenders to relay the needs of clients. Any issues related to technical assistance should be coordinating via the SBDC. Their office is closed and they will be doing web-based small business consulting until further notice. You can also visit their website for additional information and business resources as tools are identified and developed by local, state, and federal authorities.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment, please complete your client profile here. Upon completion, the SBDC will contact you to coordinate an appointment that works well for your schedule.
- Whatcom County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- City of Bellingham COVID-19 Business Resources
- Whatcom County Safer. Stronger. Together. Campaign materials
- Whatcom County Unified Command: Businesses & Restaurant resources
- Whatcom County Unified Command COVID-19 website
- Whatcom County Health Department
- City of Bellingham COVID-19 Response
- City of Bellingham COVID-19 Resources for Businesses (Green Cone Program, Permitting, Emergency Grants)
- City of Ferndale COVID-19 Information
- City of Lynden Mayor Korthuis' Letter re: COVID-19
- City of Blaine News @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- WA State Department of Agriculture Grant Opportunities
- WA Dept of Commerce Emergency Grants Portal (includes WWSBEG 4.0 opening March 29, 2021)
- WA Dept of Commerce OCVA Grants and Funding | Coronavirus CESF Requests for Proposal
- WA State Vaccine Location Finder
- Am I Eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine? WA State Vaccine Phase Finder /Encuentra Tu Fase
- Washington State Department of Commerce Working Washington Small Business Grant Relief Round 3
- Washington State COVID-19 Travel Advisory and Quarantine Requirements
- Washington State Small Business Resiliency Grant
- Washington State Department of Commerce Nonprofit Assistance Resource Page
- Washington Shellfish Seed Bank Intake Form: Grant
- Safe Start | Washington: Full List of Guidance for Businesses & Workers
- Safe Start | Washington: Guidelines by Phase and Industry
- Washington State COVID-19 website
- Washington State What's Opened and What's Closed | Essential Business
- Washington State Is my Business an Essential Business Inquiry form
- Washington State Additional Guidance on Funerals, Real Estate Transactions
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services Seeks Repurposed Manufacturing Resources for Personal Protective Equipment Shortage
- Washington State Department of Health Workplace Recommendations
- Washington State Employment Security Department (Unemployment benefits: shared work, partial unemployment, standby)
- Washington State Department of Commerce Export Assistance for companies needing to expand to new markets
- Washington State Department of Commerce COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Working Washington Small Business Emergency Grants
- Washington Recreation and Conservation Office Grants @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- CDC guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC recommendations on environmental cleaning and disinfection
- FEMA Respuesta por Coronavirus (COVID-19) (en Español)
- SBA Disaster Assistance loans
- SBA Economic Injury loans (status TBD)
- SBA Export Financing Assistance
- SBA Planning and Response to COVID-19 Impacts in the Workplace
- Small Business Guide to the CARES Act @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Comcast RISE grants for Small Businesses Owned by Black people, Indigenous people, and People of Color
- tagNW Pro Bono Consulting Program for Nonprofits
- Western Washington University Small Business Development Center Business Continuity Resources
- Whatcom Community Foundation Resources for Nonprofits
- Sustainable Connections Resources for Businesses
- Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism COVID-19 Information
- Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism Restaurants Offering Take Out, Pick Up, & Delivery
- Western Washington University Coronavirus Information
- Downtown Bellingham Partnership Business Resources
- Washington State Farm Bureau COVID-19 Resources
- Recreation Northwest: #RecreateResponsibly - Go with a local tour guide! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Canada's Response: At Canadian Borders
- COVID-19 and the US-Canada Border: Retail Shopping Destinations for Canadians in Whatcom County @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
REP and WHD issue Joint Framework on Re-Opening Whatcom County’s Economy
With the highest goal always being public safety and health, Whatcom County Health Department and the Regional Economic Partnership at the Port of Bellingham intend to work side-by-side to ensure a safe, healthy re-opening of our local economy. The WHD and REP have issued a Joint Framework that includes details on the process and timeline for re-opening, which can be read here. The appendix can be found here..