Applications for wwsbeg 2.0 closed on October 4, 2020.
Applications will not reopen. New opportunities will be posted as funds become available.
The Working Washington Small Business Emergency Grant (WWSBEG) 2.0 program is funded by CARES Act funding provided by the Washington State Department of Commerce.
For Profit, Small Business Grant
This program is funded by CARES Act provided by the Department of Commerce and administered by the Port of Bellingham Regional's Economic Partnership.
Small businesses are the cornerstone of our economy and COVID-19 has impacted so many of our business threading their viability. These small business grants are designed to help our businesses weather the storm until our economy can find a “new normal.” Funds are targeted towards those business who have been impacted by COVID-19 and who have not previously been awarded grants via local grant programs. It is our goal to provide opportunity for all businesses.
- Must have been in business for a least one year
- Must have incurred economic injury due to COVID-19 (between March 1,2020 - date of application)
- Must comply with health and safety regulations outlined by the Whatcom County Department of Health and the Governor's proclamations
- Maximum 20 FTE (or equivalent)
- Maximum grant amount: $10,000
- Businesses who applied for and received a WWSBEG 1.0 or Whatcom Restart grant are not eligible
This grant is provided on a reimbursement basis and, if awarded, businesses will be responsible for submitting eligible expenses from March 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020.
Economic Development Non-Profit (c3, c6) Grant
We recognize the important work of nonprofits who provide support to our businesses and local economy. Many of business sectors depend on the support, advocacy, and work of nonprofits. In partnership with the Department of Commerce and Whatcom County, this grant program will utilize CARES Act dollars to fund nonprofits (c3 or c6 status) that have been economically injured by COVID-19 and provide direct support to businesses in our community either in general or to a specific business sector. This grant program will be administered by the Port of Bellingham's Regional Economic Partnership.
Working Washington Grant recognizes the important work of our non-profits who provide support to our businesses and local economy. A portion of this funding will be used to fund non-profits that have an economic impact in our community but have also experienced economic injury due to COVID-19.
- Have been in existence at least two years
- Must be able to describe how this funding will enable your nonprofit to continue to support local businesses in Whatcom County
- Have experienced economic injury due to COVID-19 (between March 1,2020 - date of application), including cancelled revenue-generating events
- Serve and support local Whatcom County businesses
- Nonprofit must be located in Whatcom County
- Grants amounts will be based on size of organization, economic injury, and impact on community served
This grant is provided on a reimbursement basis and non-profits, if awarded, will be responsible for submitting eligible expenses from March 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020.
Timeline and Deadlines
- Application opens and will be posted here September 25, 2020 9am PST
- Applications are due no later than
October 1, 2020 1159pm PST, deadline extended to October 4, 2020 1159PM PST
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Review of applications will occur October 2 - 8, 2020
- Awards will be announced the week of October 28, 2020 via email
- All awarded applicants will be required to sign a service agreement and provide a completed W9
- All receipts must be submitted by TBD for reimbursement
Applications are closed.
All applicants will be notified of their award status via email.
Contact email@example.com for additional questions.