APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The Port of Bellingham’s Regional Economic Partnership is launching a limited fund grant program sponsored by the Department of Commerce. The Port of Bellingham has $100,000 to fund the Small Business Relief Program.
The grant application period was between May 31, 2021 at 8:00 AM PST and closed on Monday, June 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Business must be physically located in Whatcom County
- Must have been open starting on or before January 1, 2020
- Must have been impacted by COVID-19
- Must show a revenue loss or not a significant revenue increase
- Must be a for-profit business (non-profits not eligible)
- Must have no more than 25 FTE or equivalent full time employees
- Must show proof of eligible qualifying expenses not used for previous grants (no double dipping)
Maximum grant amount: $25,000
Minimum grant amount: $10,000
Before you start:
- You will need to have your Q4 2019, Q4 2020 financials as well as Q1 2021 profit and losses
- List of previous grants awarded and amounts
- List of any EIDL or PPP or other loan(s) received
REP has limited funds and this is a highly competitive grant.
All aspects of applications will be taken into consideration when making the selection process.
However, when reviewing applications particular consideration will be given to applicants that:
- Did not receive other grant funding (1.0-4.0 and Whatcom ReStart, in particular) or received small grant amounts
- Business located in a geographically challenged area of Whatcom County (rural areas or places heavily impacted by the border closure)
- Amount of losses due to COVID-19
- Number of employees/jobs the business supports
- Heavily impacted industries/sectors