Due to a fire on March 30, the Port of Bellingham and participating boat sales and brokerage firms have cancelled the eighth annual CharterFest, which was to be held at Squalicum Harbor’s Gate 3 on April 21 and 22.
The fire swept through G dock at Gate 3 in Squalicum Harbor, destroying 10 boats and taking the lives of a local couple, Jim Langei and Sterling Taylor. Even though the fire-damaged areas of G dock are not used by CharterFest, organizers felt it was important to cancel the event so that loved ones could mourn and the Port could focus on salvage recovery and the fire investigation. CharterFest will return in April 2013.
Anyone interested in chartering or purchasing a boat can contact participating companies directly:
• Bellhaven Charters & Yacht Sales (877) 310-9471
• Bellingham Yachts, Sales & Charters (877) 310-9446
• Lake Union Sea Ray (360) 671-5560
• NW Explorations (800) 826-1430
• Par Yacht Charters (360) 752-5754
• San Juan Sailing (800) 677-7245
• San Juan Yachting (800) 670-8089