NOTICE OF BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for the Gate 1 and Squalicum Harbor Maintenance project located in Bellingham, Washington will be received at the Administrative Offices of the Port of Bellingham, 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington until 10:00 a.m.,Friday, October 22, 2021. The official time shall be taken from the designated clock at the Administrative Offices. Any bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. Bids will then and there be publicly opened and read aloud.
The scope of work for this project consists of furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the project identified above including the following major work items:
This schedule of work will repair various components of the Gate 1 pump out float, including but not limited to:
- Replace two creosote-treated timber piles with new concrete piling.
- Reconfigure the pump out float so that it parallels the shoreline.
- Reconnect all utilities after the float is reconfigured.
- Waste haul piling removed from Gate 1 under Schedule A.
This schedule of work will replace a structural pile at the Firebelle Pier Gill Net Loading Zone (GNLZ) Wharf, including but not limited to:
- Replace one creosote-treated timber structural pile with a new ACZA-treated timber pier pile at the Firebelle Pier (fender pile replacement excluded from this Contract).
- Repair any deck damage resulting from the pile replacement.
- Replace timber cross bracing and jack stringer at the GNLZ Pier.
- Waste haul timber pile, cross bracing, and jack stringers removed from the Firebelle and GNLZ wharf under Schedule B.
This schedule of work will replace a rub boards and walers, including but not limited to:
- Replace select rub boards and walers in Squalicum Harbor’s Gates 8 and 9.
- Waste haul rub boards and walers removed from the Inner Harbor under Additive 1.
A non-mandatory pre-bid conference for prospective bidders will be held Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at the Port of Bellingham’s Administrative Offices located at 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington 98225. A site visit will follow.
Engineers estimate: $280,000.00.
Each bid must be accompanied by a cashier's check, money order, or an original signed and stamped surety bid bond in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the total bid, made payable to the Port of Bellingham.
The Port of Bellingham reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities or informalities.
To register your company on the Plan Holders list, please contact Brian Wilson, Contracts Administrator by email at .
All bids submitted shall be considered as valid offers for a period of forty-five (45) days from the date of the bid opening during which time the Port of Bellingham will make the award or return all bids.
Notice to be published: Friday, October 8, 2021