PORT OF BELLINGHAM
DEMO COMPRESSOR BUILDING & FMIP 8
NOTICE OF BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for the Demo Compressor Building & FMIP 8 project in Bellingham, Washington will be received at the Administrative Offices of the Port of Bellingham, 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington until 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, June 7, 2022. The official time shall be taken from the designated clock at the Administrative Offices. Any bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. Bids will then and there be publicly opened and read aloud.
The scope of work for this project consists of furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the project identified above including the following major work items:
- Permitting for the Work; additional details are provided below
- Coordination with Others: Contractor shall schedule the work in accordance with the contract documents, permits, and the work of Others including, but not limited to: active site operations, utility provider(s), utility provider’s installers, Port’s operations, etc.
- Site preparation at two locations (e.g., permit management, site access, site control, stormwater management, staging area setup, mobilization, etc.). Refer to the Plans for further information.
- Regulated building materials abatement and abatement management by qualified and trained personnel; refer to other documentation, herein.
- Demolish and remove the Compressor Building & FMIP Building 8 and accessory features as shown on the Plans and as described, herein. Manage and recycle or dispose of all materials in accordance with local, State, and Federal laws, regulations, and codes. Track, document, and report the ultimate disposition of the various materials and their volume or tonnage.
- Other related work described in the Contract.
- Contract documentation (e.g., materials disposal/recycling manifests, permit documentation, as-built drawing development, and other documentation required by the Contract).
A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting for prospective bidders will be held May 24, 2022, at 1:00 PM onsite, located at 1000 F Street, Bellingham, WA; the site visit will start with the Compressor Building, then will continue by driving to Fairhaven to FMIP Building 8, located at 815 Harris Ave. This is the only scheduled opportunity to view the interior and/or the roof of the buildings prior to awarding the contract.
Bidders shall note that the Compressor Building & FMIP Building 8 are in a state of disrepair and that not all areas may be accessible for inspection due to safety concerns. Bidders that wish to enter either building to view the work elements will be required to sign a Release and Hold Harmless Agreement at the time of the Pre-bid Meeting and Site Visit.
Engineers estimate: $400,000.00.
Each bid must be accompanied by a cashier's check, money order, or an original signed and stamped surety bid bond in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the total bid, made payable to the Port of Bellingham.
The Port of Bellingham reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities or informalities.
To register your company on the Plan Holders list, please contact Brian Wilson, Contracts Administrator by email at .
All bids submitted shall be considered as valid offers for a period of forty-five (45) days from the date of the bid opening during which time the Port of Bellingham will make the award or return all bids.
Notice to be published: Tuesday, May 17, 2022