Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for the Demolish Lignin Warehouse Project located in Bellingham, Washington will be received at the Administrative Offices of the Port of Bellingham, 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington until 11:00 a.m., February 7, 2020. The official time shall be taken from the designated clock at the Administrative Offices. Any bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. Bids will then and there be publicly opened and read aloud.
The scope of work for this project consists of furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the project identified above including the following major work items:
- Permitting for the Work
- Site preparation (e.g., permit management, site access, site control, stormwater management, staging area setup, mobilization, etc.)
- Regulated building materials abatement and abatement management by qualified and trained personnel; refer to other documentation, herein.
- Remove the building and accessory features as shown on the Plans and as described, herein.
- Demolish, remove, manage, and recycle or dispose of all materials in accordance with local, State, and Federal laws, regulations, and codes. Note there are two (2) work areas – the warehouse area (main work area) and Work Area A as shown in the Plans. Work Area A contains debris (e.g., concrete with rebar, asphalt, and other debris) that will be managed for disposal/recycling by the Contractor as part of the demolition waste stream.
- Other related work described in the Contract
- Contract documentation (e.g., abatement documentation, materials disposal/recycling manifests, permit documentation, as-built drawing development, and other documentation required by the Contract)
A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting for prospective bidders will be held January 24, 2020, at 1:00 PM onsite, located at approximately 100 W Laurel Street, Bellingham, WA; the site is northerly of the intersection of Cornwall Avenue and W Laurel Street. A visit to the project site will be conducted after a brief meeting. This is the only scheduled opportunity to view the interior and/or the roof of the building prior to awarding the contract.
Engineers Estimate: $200,000 - $300,000
Each bid must be accompanied by a cashier's check, money order, or a surety bid bond in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the total bid, made payable to the Port of Bellingham.
The Port of Bellingham reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities or informalities.
The Port of Bellingham does not create or maintain a Plan Holders List.
All bids submitted shall be considered as valid offers for a period of forty-five (45) days from the date of the bid opening during which time the Port of Bellingham will make the award or return all bids.
Notice to be published: January 19, 2020