The Port of Bellingham is an excellent local employer offering a quality work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, and an atmosphere that encourages professional growth and a team spirit. The port is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions.
The Port of Bellingham is a Washington State special purpose municipal corporation serving all of Whatcom County. It is a unique organization that makes significant contributions to the local community through leveraging its resources by directly participating in revenue-earning lines of business, as well as by capitalizing on its strategic assets through special public agency powers.
By using combined expertise in both the business and government sectors, the Port has a role in job preservation and job creation, as well as a role in the operation of transportation facilities for seaports and airports. This combination is distinct from that of either the private sector or other government entities.
The Port of Bellingham’s mission is:
Promote sustainable economic development, optimize transportation gateways, and manage publicly owned land and facilities to benefit Whatcom County.
- Medical/Prescription Benefits
- Dental/Vision/Orthodontia Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life/AD&D Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Care
- Accrual begins at 18 Days Paid Time Off
- Family and Medical Leave
- Washington Paid Sick Leave
- Washington State PERS
- Deferred Compensation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Educational/Tuition Benefit
Along with a completed application, please submit a current resume and cover letter highlighting your professional experience, career objective(s), and how they align with the position you are applying for. Once applications have been reviewed, only those whose experience and qualifications most closely align with the needs of the position will be invited for an interview.
Please note: Candidates will receive updates regarding application status via email. Please be sure to check your email frequently.
Tips for Success
- Please ensure your application is completed and all required information has been provided. Standard completeness means all application fields (contact information, personal information, education, work experience, references, and required supplemental questions). Provide as much detail as you believe will fully describe your experience and training.
- Make sure you submit a cover letter and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications listed under the “Qualifications” and “Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities” section of this posting.
- The Port uses your application (not your resume) to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Resumes are fantastic as a supplement to a cover letter and application.
Questions about the application, recruitment, selection process, or requests for reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources at HumanResources@portofbellingham.com or (360) 676-2500.
The Port provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected class, including but not limited to, race, color, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic information, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
There are no openings at this time.