What are the requirements for serving food?
If you choose to have your event catered by someone on our “pre-qualified” list, you are not required to get additional liability insurance; all of the listed caterers have their insurance policy on file with the Port. Simply indicate the caterer you have chosen on your rental application or phone us and we will enter it on your records.

If you choose to self-cater, or opt to use the services of a caterer that is not on the Port of Bellingham’s Pre-qualified Caterer’s list, you need to obtain a Certificate of Liability Insurance policy in the amount of one million dollars naming the Port of Bellingham as an additional insured. Some insurance carriers issue a single-day rider on the applicant’s homeowner/rental insurance policy. Another option is to purchase event insurance through www.wedsafe.com.

Show All Answers

1. Can I hold a date tentatively?
2. How can I obtain the certificate of liability insurance required for serving alcohol and/or self-catering?
3. When is my final payment and paperwork due?
4. Are tables and chairs included in my rental?
5. When/how will I receive my damage deposit refund?
6. What are the requirements for serving alcohol?
7. What are the requirements for serving food?
8. What items/decorations are allowed and not allowed in Port facilities?
9. Is there a sound system available for use?