Why Make Whatcom Your Home
Whatcom County is a great place to live, work and do business.
Whatcom is a region that is easy to move your goods to or from the market.
- The I-5 corridor runs though the county making it easy for businesses to move their goods from the south all the way through to the Canadian boarder.
- Our Port enables businesses to move goods seamlessly via sea.
- Our first class Airport enables not only good to be moved but provides easy access to business travel destinations.
Whatcom County is unique and fortunate to have four institutions of higher education. Contributing to our quality of life while developing a skilled workforce.
- Western Washington University
- Bellingham Technical College
- Whatcom Community College
- Northwest Indian College
Whatcom is a majestic place with miles of recreational activities ranging from biking, hiking, camping,skiing, and boating. Providing a community of healthy living and economic opportunity.
To keep up to date with our activities, sign up for our quarterly newsletter!
Whatcom has a diverse economy that balances our rural and urban areas and ranges from large corporations to small local business.
Whatcom has acres of agriculture lands, timber and marine manufacturing, hi-tech development, food production, and micro brews just to name a few.
Whatcom County has seven different cities each with their own rich history and economic drivers. Visit our Economic Development Partner page to learn about them.
Whatcom is home to St. Joesph's Hospital a top rated medical facility that provides comprehensive healthcare throughout the county.
For more information contact
Project Manager Gina Stark 360-676-2500